Friday, December 3, 2010

Kansas 2010

Bird hunting in Kansas this year was everything I had hoped for!  We came out the gates blaring, but the birds did not get the message.  We only killed 3 the first day.  Needless to say...I was a little down and out.  It is hard to describe the feeling of walking mile after mile carrying a heavy gun only to never even take your safety off.  The good news...We got in a lot of birds the last two days!

It took about 3 covey of quail before I had dialed in my shot, even then, accuracy is not my forte. The more birds we saw the lighter the gun got and the bigger the smiles got. All of a sudden, you can walk all day.

Best part of the trip was when Al brought us all "Art's Hen Hunt" hats as a celebration of Arts unfortunate event that took place last year.

We had several new comers this year, none of them as noticeable as Rex Hayes. Rex came with Dad and I from Arkansas.  We carried 2 god boxes with a total of 7 dogs and 3 men.  We became known as the gypsies from Arkansas. I wish I could have taken a picture of the truck.

The mission of the trip was Dog Management.  We failed at this miserably. It is a long story, but give me a call and I would love to fill you in on the details.

All in all, great time and I hope Art invites me back!

Traditional Strategy Meeting

Chief Council Ryan

I love this shot!  kind of sums up what the Kansas trip is about.

It was freezing cold!


Kansas has it's own unique beauty.

Last field...Till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment