Teophile experienced several first...His first time in weather below 16 degrees Celsius...first time in a sleeping bag...first time to ride on a 4 wheeler by himself...and I am pretty sure this is one of the first times that Teophile has ever put fun in front of studying!
We arrived late on Friday night to find a cabin that was not as cold as we feared, but cold none the less.
If you have never been to the cabin, the only thing we have to heat the cabin is one modern heating unit and two heating devices that Dad picked up in the 1970's that you have to unplug periodically for fear of burning the cabin down. Ohh, but you can bring in the propane heater meant for outdoor use to "knock the cold out of the room".
Most of the weekend was spent exploring on 4 wheelers with the occasional break to eat, sleep, or visit the Law's neighboring cabin. After the visit to the Law's Cabin, I am convinced They will never come to the Lewis cabin again.
The trip ended with a visit to Burls for the best Beef Jurkey in the world and a cinnamon roll the size of a dinner plate. It is a dangerous combination!
Funny Memories from the trip:
- Justin describing a trail that he had been on by using the phrase "the one with the log on it". We were in the woods Justin...need a little more to go on!
- Teal (Brad's Dog) getting so tired from chasing 4 wheelers that she just sat down in the middle of a field.
- We managed to eat nothing that was Name brand. All was either Kroger Private Label or Great Value.
- I managed to make breakfast by myself both days! I know they could hear me preparing food, but yet no one got up! Weird.
- Justin and Emily were the last two to any event that took place. They were the only unmarried couple and required excessive primping. Mainly by Justin.
- Everyone suffered a case of the "Meat Sweats"